Summer is the most popular season when women of all sizes are eager to soak in that Vitamin D and show off those curves. But it can be challenging to find swimwear that’s both flirty and stylish when you have a curvy figure. Add some pieces to your shopping cart and find out how to give your swimsuit a good summer send-off.
When it comes to one-piece swimsuits, there are a few different types that curvy women can choose from. Bandeau swimsuit is excellent for those with a small bust, as it will help lift and support the breasts. This also has a low-cut neckline, which can help to create the desired illusion of a larger figure. Another popular option of swimsuits for curvy women is the tankini. This type of swimsuit is perfect for those with a bit more curves, as it will help flatter the figure. Tankinis also come in various styles, so you can find one that best suits your body type. There are also one-piece swimsuits for curvy women that feature ruffles or embellishments. These are great for those who want to add a bit of personality to swimwear.
One Piece Swimsuits for Curvy Women
One of the best things about one-piece swimsuits is that they provide more coverage than bikinis, which can be great if you’re not comfortable showing a lot of skin. Plenty of sexy one-piece swimsuits on the market will hug your curves in all the right places.
Colourblock one-piece is a great option for curvy women who want a little more coverage. The print is flattering, and the panels help to create a slimming effect.
Monokini is perfect for those who want to show off their curves. The cutouts add a sexy touch, while the ruching on the sides helps to minimize areas.
The Purose of a One-Piece Swimsuit
A one-piece swimsuit is a timeless piece that can be worn by any woman, no matter her size or shape. Whether you’re looking for a suit to wear to the beach, pool, or a casual day out, a one-piece is always a good option. A one-piece swimsuit is both practical and stylish and can be easily dressed up or down.
If you have a curvy body type, look for suits with ruching or draping detail to help disguise any areas. Halter necklines are also very flattering on curvy women, as they help to lift and support the figure.
For a more conservative look, opt for a black or navy suit. Or, if you want to make more of a statement, it is recommended to choose a brightly coloured suit or one with an eye-catching print.
How to Create the Illusion of a Smaller Chest
- Make sure the neckline is high enough. A V-neck or scoop neck is a good option.
- Look for a suit with ruching or other detailing around the bust. This will help to minimise the appearance of your chest.
- Avoid suits with a lot of embellishments or busy prints. A solid colour suit will be more flattering.
How to Create an Hourglass Silhouette
- Choose a style that has ruching or gathering at the sides. This will help to give the illusion of a smaller waist.
- Opt for a print or colour that contrasts with your skin tone. This will help to slim down your figure further.
- Make sure the swimsuit fits well in the bust and hips. A good rule of thumb is to actively choose a size that is one size smaller than your usual clothing size.
With these tips in mind, you’ll surely find the perfect one-piece swimsuit that flatters your curves and makes you feel confident at the beach this summer.
- Go for bold prints and colours.
- Opt for a high-waisted bottom. This will help create the illusion of a longer torso and give you extra support.
- Find a top with straps that tie around the neck. This will help keep everything in place and allow you to adjust the fit to your liking.