This is a teacher’s eligibility test that is used to recruit candidates for teaching positions at the state level. The Super TET exam is announced each year by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board and the notice can be found on their website. This is an offline exam that is looked forward to by thousands of aspirants in the state, each year.
What Is The Syllabus and Eligibility Criteria For Super TET?
Super TET is an important examination and the aspirant shall go through the syllabus in detail. The Super TET syllabus contains general knowledge, science, English, reasoning, Hindi, Sanskrit, social studies, environment, IT, Life skill management, child psychology, and aptitude. These all are very well explained along with practice -papers at the BYJUS Exam Prep website.
Before applying to sit for any competitive exam and even before checking out the Super TET Syllabus, a candidate must understand the eligibility criteria to determine whether they even qualify to appear for the exam. State governments usually impose strict criteria based on age and educational qualification before allowing a candidate to sit for state exams. Below are the eligibility criteria for the Super TET exam.
Educational Qualifications (Primary Teachers)
- Candidates should have matriculated with a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th
- Candidates should have matriculated with a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th and completed a two-year Diploma course in Elementary Education
- Candidates should have matriculated with a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th and hold a 4-year B.El. Ed degree
- The candidate should have matriculated with a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th and should have passed the final exam of a two-year diploma in Special Education
- Must be a graduate, holding a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education
- A graduate with a B.ed degree
Educational Qualification (Secondary Teachers)
- Candidates who possess a BTC and a Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree (min 50% marks) along with a B.ed or Special ed degree from the RCI or the Rehabilitation Council of India.
- Candidates who have finished their intermediate (min 50% marks) along with a BA/B.Sc.Ed/ B.A.Ed from an institute recognized by the UGC.
- Candidates should have matriculated with a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th along with a B.El. Ed degree (4 years)
- Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45% marks and a bachelor’s degree in Education.
Age criteria for Super TET:
To apply for the Super TET exam, a candidate must be of a minimum age of 21 years and a maximum age of 40 years. The maximum age of 40 years is for the general category candidates. Relaxations are provided for reserved categories.
In order to apply for the Super TET exam, candidates must first clear the CTET or UPTET exam. The syllabus for the Super TET is different from these exams and is provided in a topic-wise structured manner on the website.
How To Prepare?
- Understand the syllabus- A candidate must first possess a thorough understanding of the Subject wise Super TET syllabus. With this understanding, the candidate can proceed to prepare for the exam in an organized manner.
- Plan your time- The candidate must ensure that their days during preparation are planned to the minute. It is important to be disciplined and consistent when preparing for the Super TET exam since the competition is tough. Thousands apply for this exam and by being able to pass this test, many doors open for the candidate in the state of UP.
- Solve mock tests- Candidates are advised to regularly solve mock tests and prepare for the actual exam. Follow the same timelines as you will have for the final exam so that you can get used to the way the exam will be held. This will help you feel comfortable on the final exam day. BYJU’s exam prep has a number of mock tests that can be quite useful for candidates.
- Revision is important- Revise topics daily. Set aside a special time each day to be able to go back to topics that you think you need to revise. Revision is how you really ensure that the information has been locked into memory.
These simple tips can go a long way in making the Super TET journey, Super easy for you. Patience and perseverance, that is all you will require to come out victorious in the Super TET exam.